Sangeeta was born in Chile, South America, in 1965.
She graduated as a Social Worker from University at 22 years old.1986 – At 19 met Osho through his people in Chile, was introduced to meditation, heard spiritual music and discovered the New Age movement and music for healing.
1988 – Arrived in India for the first time, to the Osho Ashram in Pune. Assisted in singing groups and percussion workshops.
1990 – Toured Europe, singing with Satyaa Saachi (from Satyaa and Pari, today well-known Kirtan singers in Europe)
Travelled extensively across India and Nepal, meeting the Dalai Lama and various renowned Rimpoches of the Bhudist Tibetan tradition in Dharamsala and Deradhun.
1991 - 1997 – She settled in the northern town of Lucknow where she met her Master HWL Poonja, Papaji (from the lineage of the Greatest Sage Sri Ramana Maharshi). During this time until Papaji Mahasamadhi death in 1997, she was responsible for organizing, maintaining and caring for the people that daily congregated in the 'Satsang Bhawan' (House of Satsang), where she lived, and where hundreds of Papaji devotees gathered everyday. She gave birth to her daughter in this very place (1995)
Here she heard for the first time mantras, traditional bhajans, chants, Kirtan and devotees compositions sung for Papaji. She saw how much He loved devotional music as sometimes tears would fall from his eyes when he listened to it.
‘’After I sang for Papaji, he called me to his house and appointed me a singing teacher. He then told me to learn bhajans from him, and teach everyone else’’
After a while almost everybody in the Satsang community in Lucknow could sing.
She continuously sang in Satsang and after hours with friends and visitors.
Papaji appointed her to organize events that occurred in the Satsang House like Guru Poornima (the full moon of the Guru), Buddha’s Day, Krishna’s birthdays and at times the birthdays of devotees and marriages among other things.
Besides other arrangements, preparing the music program was her job, consisting mainly of devotional Indian and English songs, poetry and dance offerings.
During this period, she recorded twice at a local studio in Lucknow, CD selections of songs sung during Satsang.
2000 – Still living in Lucknow, a music studio was created with the vision of creating devotional music projects and spiritual music for the world by Papaji’s devotees.
She helped to produce the “Lucknow Project” album CD, where she recorded the song Gungate Ke (a Kabir poem) today this song is included in the well-known New York record label Putumayo Album Collection titled, “Yoga”.2010
1998 – She established a family home at the feet of the Holy Mountain of Arunachala in Tiruvannamalai,Tamil Nadu, south India.Here she holds singing gatherings publicly and at home.During the hot Indian summer months Sangeeta and her daughter traveled across the world visiting friends and family.
2000 – Joining Sheer Om and Bharatmitra Lev, produced the “Lucknow Project” album CD, where she recorded the song Gungate Ke (a Kabir poem) this song is included in the well-known New York label Putumayo Album Collection titled “Yoga”.2010
Traveling in pilgrimage during these years she was tenderly introduced to some of the most sacred places and holiest people of India, taking part in their customs, traditions and culture…In Rishikesh, Varanasi, Kerala, Tiruvanamalai, Deradhun, Dharamsala, Ganeshpuri, Pondichery and so on. In her travels in India , she frequented temples and Ashrams and was introduced to traditional Indian devotional music.
She assisted to the Druphad Mela (festival of one of the most ancient forms of traditional Indian Music) in Varanasi during the Shivaratri days and frequented festivals of Indian traditional music in Delhi and Cochin, by then Indian music style, lyrics, and beauty had stolen her heart.
In 2004 – She based herself in Byron Bay, Australia, till date, she spends time in India every year.
In Australia she continues to sing at multiple gatherings, celebrations, private functions and local venues.
- Invited to hold public chanting sessions at a local Church venue.
- Begun singing sessions weekly in Mevlana community.
- Began chanting sessions at a private studio every week and is invited to hold Chanting sessions at private houses.
- Yoga Centers GCYC, BYRON YOGA CENTER and others.
- Gave function at “The Lotus Temple” .
- Brandon Bay " THE JOURNEY" retreat in Australia .
2007 – She is invited to participate at a Kirtan Camp offered by the well-known Kirtan Leader Jai Uttal in Kerala South India. She developed a wonderful, loving friendship with Jai and his family. Jai Uttal became her mentor and her biggest encouragement to deepen her commitment to sharing Kirtan for years to come.
- had the honor of singing for his excellency Ratu Ida Pedanda Made Gunung Highest Priest of Hinduism of Bali Indonesia . Invitation given on numerous occasions both in India and Bali.
- She’s invited to Jai’s Kirtan Camp in San Anselmo, California, USA
2008 – 2009
- She assisted by Jai’s invitation a Kirtan Camp in Guatemala
- She’s invited to Jai’s Kirtan Camp in San Anselmo, California, USA
- She sings with Jai Uttal at the ‘Ecstatic Chants Weekend’ at the Omega Center in New York.
- She sings with Jai Uttal at the first annual BHAKTIFEST in California.
- She meets is inspired and collaborated with many others in the caravan of Bhakti in the USA, like Gaura Vani and as kindred spirit, MC Yogi, Manose, Krishna Das, Shyamdas, Jahnavi Harrison, CC White, Karnamrita Deva Dasi , Tina Malia and many others.
2010 – Joins Jai Uttal at a concert in the Byron Bay area and offers Kirtan Camp workshops with him.
- Participated in the first ever Kirtan offered at the “ Bali Spirit Festival “ where she created an ensemble with Geoffrey Gordon, Punnuwasu, Yantra de Vilder, Kunda and Rendra Freestone among others.(Since then Kirtan is an elemental part of this Festival)
- Invited once again to sing for the late Ratu of Bali (Leader of the Hindu religion in Indonesia) Ida Pedanda Made Gunung at His Ashraam in Bali.
2010-2011 – Invited to give weekly sessions at the “Yoga Peace Center” in Mullumbimby, Australia
- Continues recording and creating tracks in Labyrinth Studios with Yantra de Vilder on the Central Coast of Australia.
- Established “The Lucknow Project Band” later called "Lucknow Sankirtan Band"
- Compose and sings at Kunda’s CD project “Surrender” with Grammy Award nominee producer, Kamal Engels in the Byron Shire.
- Continued to sing for local Yoga studios and the Gaia Retreat Centre.
- Accompanied renowned Kirtan leaders Vayasaki and Gauravani during their concerts in the Byron Bay region.
- Her song Gungate Ke from the album Lucknow Project (2000) is included in the latest well-known New York label Putumayo Collection titled “Yoga”.
- Begin presentations with The Lucknow Project Band at Yoga Centers in the Gold coast region…
- Founded “Jai Ma Temple Gatherings”, designed to reawaken the Devotional Heart of Woman and experience the Female body as an instrument of Love through song.
- Play at SPIRIT FEST Byron Bay
2012 – Begin the recording of her first solo Chanting CD album “Ageless”, an International collaboration.
- Plays at Byron Spirit Fest
- Played all year at events,” The Yoga Peace Center”
- Creates ensembles of Kirtan music ,”Mantra Ray” a Chant Dance band play at local venues and Festivals.
- Creates a band of Kundalini Yoga Mantra Music
- Plays with Jai Uttal at the first “Bodhi Festival” in New Castle.
- Aug created and presented “A Bird Of two Wings” a multimedia Kirtan Sacred Music Presentation at the Byron Bay Community Center.
- Play at Uplift Festival Dec 2012
- Played at Brandon Bay’s Journey Spiritual Retreats
- Sings at weekly gatherings in Tiruvannamalai India.
- plays at Evolve Festival
- Sings and give workshops at YOGA FEST, Brisbane.
- March Played at the “Byron Spirit Festival” and collaborated with Daphne Tze and Guru Das.
- Played at “The Chant Festival” in Melbourne, collaborated with Sri Prahlada and Chakradhyan
- Joined Jai Uttal at the “Bodhi Festival” in New Castle.
- Created and Inaugurated “The House of Bliss, Hearts on Fire”, Chanting Community Gatherings an ongoing Bi-monthly community Event at Anglican Church in Mullumbimby, Australia. This Chanting gathering is held all year long and culminates with a "One Day Festival" ,that gathers all musicians of this gender in an all day event. .
- Plays in concerts with Harbhakti Dey.
- Plays at “Uplift Festival”
2014 – Through the sustenance of "The House of Bliss", she continues holding regular Chanting events in Mullumbimby facilitating the inclusion of diverse Kirtan representatives from around Australia and the world.
- Takes part at Uplift embodiment Event
- Sings at “LA VOZ DE LA TIERRA” festival with workshops in Rari , Chile
- Sing and workshop at various events, Yoga Centers and Gatherings in Chile, South America.
- Plays Uplift Festival Australia
- Organized and participated in the One Day Festival, The House of Bliss.
- Launch CD "Ageless",The Yoga of Chanting.
- Sing and teaches at SOUL FESTIVAL ,India
- Brandon Bays, "The Journey" retreat, India
- Yoga Centers and various Events and workshops in Chile
- Kirtan Camp with Jai Uttal, Harbin, USA.
- “HAPPY YOGA FESTIVAL"in Spain.
- “FESTIVAL LABORATORIO”and workshop in Olot, Spain,
- various Yoga Centers and events in Barcelona. Spain.
- Sings for Sri Amritananda Ma , Ammaji in her visit to Spain.
- Various events in collaboration with Tina Malia, India.
- Brandon Bays Journey retreat in India.
- SOUL FEST and workshop in India
- 24 hours Kirtan and Temple opening, India.
- Ramana Ashram reception to His eminence Ida Pedanda Made Gunung, Ratu of Indonesia.
- Play at “INTERNATIONAL YOGA FESTIVAL” in Rishikesh.India
- BYRON SPIRIT FEST in Australia.
- Singing and workshops at various Yoga Centers and events around Australia.
- Continue holding The House of Bliss in Mullumbimby a Bi monthly gathering event for the local community.
- Founded the Caravan for Peace and Mother Earth Restoration
- just founded and started her travelling community Project "The Caravan for Peace and Mother Earth Restoration" in Chile.
- travel incesantly through out Chile sharing Kirtan and Workshops in Festival, Events, Yoga Centers and gatherings ex MCA Festival in Santiago.